Daryn Mitchell wrote:
>  - Should a merge module's Secure Custom Properties be automatically put
> into the consuming MSI's own SecureCustomProperties automatically when
> it incorporates the merge module? (i.e. is Wix not doing something it
> should be doing? Much more likely that I don't know best practices here,
> but I had to ask.)

No. That requires a custom action, like the ones mergemod.dll adds for
directory properties.

>  - If not, how should the merge module get the result of its file search
> during Vista repair?

The only thing I can think of is a custom action that adds your property
to the SecureCustomProperties property. You'd have to play around with
the sequencing to find the right timing.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/