From: RICHES Ollie
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 12:48 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] How do I force a uninstall...

I have read the documentation about using 'RemoveExistingProducts' and I can't
get the functionality I require - I'm receiving the following message in the
log file during install

'MSI (s) (24:D8) [11:39:42:658]: Skipping RemoveExistingProducts action:
current configuration is maintenance mode or an uninstall'

Obviously I'm try to uninstall before installing a new version - this new
version only has changes is in the contents of the build, the product id's and
version numbers have not changed. I'm trying to avoid having to a manual
uninstall and then install whilst we are developing our product.

is this possible?

Ollie Riches

Hermes Pensions Management Ltd
Lloyds Chambers,
1 Portsoken St,
London,
E1 8HZ.

Tel: 020 7702 6140
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hermes Pensions Management Limited
Registered in England No. 1661776, 1 Portsoken Street, London E1 8HZ

*** Please read the Hermes email disclaimer at
http://www.hermes.co.uk/email_terms.htm before acting on this email or opening
any attachment ***

The contents of this email are confidential.  If you have received this message
in error, please delete it immediately and contact the sender directly or the
Hermes IT Helpdesk on +44(0)20 7680 2117.  Any reliance on, use, disclosure,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is unauthorised and
strictly prohibited.

This message has been checked for viruses but the recipient is strongly advised
to rescan the message before opening any attachments or attached executable
files.  Hermes do not accept any liability for any damage sustained as a result
of a virus introduced by this email or any attachment.