From: Bob Arnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 10:59 PM
To: Abhradeep Thakurta
Cc: WiX-users; Laxmi Narsimha Rao Oruganti (SQL CE)
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Problem in entering nodes to machine.config using
XmlConfig of Wix

Abhradeep Thakurta wrote:
ElementPath="$(var.runtimeXPath)/assemblyBinding/dependentAssembly[last()]"

The error thrown is
"F:\sqlce35-snapshot\private\core\tools\setup\win32sdk\sqlceproviderfactory_machi
neconfig.wxi(49) : error LGHT0204 : ICE03: Invalid format string; Table: XmlConf
ig, Column: ElementPath, Key(s): RemoveAssemblyIdentity"
Could you please point out exact error in this ?

ElementPath is a formatted field so you need to escape brackets -- which are
otherwise used to resolve MSI properties at install time. For example:

ElementPath="/Root/[EMAIL PROTECTED]'foo'[\]]/GrandChild"

See "Formatted" in the MSI SDK for details on escaping formatted fields.

--

sig://boB

http://joyofsetup.com/