Hi,

I am executing a command which takes 4 arguments using CA. Below is the way:

        <CustomAction Id="CustomAction1" Execute="commit" FileKey="SymPrep"
ExeCommand="/root:[SOURCEINSTALLLOCATION]
/pdbstr:[CUSTOMSCRIPTSINSTALLLOCATION]pdbstr.exe
[SYMBOLINSTALLLOCATION]mscorlib.pdb" />

        <InstallExecuteSequence>

                <Custom Action='CustomAction1' After='InstallFiles'>NOT
Installed</Custom>

        </InstallExecuteSequence>

Now what happens is every time it displays me the console window which I need
to avoid. So I went for using QtExec as below:

        <CustomAction Id="InitCommandLine" Value="&quot;[#SymPrep]&quot;
&quot;/root:[SOURCEINSTALLLOCATION] /pdbstr:[#PdbStr]
[SYMBOLINSTALLLOCATION]mscorlib.pdb&quot;" Property="CustomAction1" />

        <CustomAction Id="CustomAction1" Return="check" Execute="deferred"
DllEntry="CAQuietExec" BinaryKey="WixCA" />

        <InstallExecuteSequence>

        <Custom After="InstallFiles" Action="InitCommandLine">NOT
Installed</Custom>

        <Custom After="InitCommandLine" Action="CustomAction1">NOT
Installed</Custom>

        </InstallExecuteSequence>

But somehow this is not working for me. The command simply fails and
InstallFinalize returns a value of '3'. What I am doing wrong over here?

Could you help me out as I am a new guy in WIX?

Thanks,

Kiran