Whatever you choose, you want to do it before Costing or otherwise you can get
into some funky component rule problems.   I've not had to address this sort of
problem since my enterprise repackaging days but generally I'd write a stand
alone `forced uninstall` utility that I would chain ( or instruct my users to
run ) before my main MSI even started.

Georgi Shopov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Hi,

Can anybody tell me what will be the appropriate way of uninstalling previous
versions not made with MSI - InstallShield in particular?

Right now I am experimenting of adding CustomAction that will execute the
UninstallString put into the registry from InstallShield installation;

I pull the registry value, but I cannot execute it; Should I use script custom
action? ..Native Dll?

Thanks,
George S.

Access, No Cost.