PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Conditionally installing a component...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:53:14 +0200> > Ravi,> > As the <ServiceControl>
element is under a <Component> you may specify > a condition for that
component. (<Condition> under <Component>)> > So...> > <Component ...>>
<Condition>STARTSERVICE</Condition>> <ServiceControl ... />> </Component>> >
...should work> > > Best regards,> Sebastian Brand> > Instyler Software -
http://www.instyler.com> > > On Apr 11, 2008, at 24:39 , Ravikumar Gopinath
wrote:> > I have two issues that I need some help on:> >> > 1. I have a MSI
which installs windows service on the box. It needs > > to be started on
install only if a particular property is set. The > > ServiceControl element
just has the "start" attribute. How can I get > > it to start the service only
if a particular element is present?> > 2. I want to install a component based
on whether a property is > > present or not. Can I use the Condition element to
do this?> >> > Thanks> > Ravi> >> >> >