From: Bob Arnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 12:40 PM
To: Scott Sam
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] using properties in string element

Scott Sam wrote:

I define a property called APPNAME and set it with a value of "test".
Then in my wxl file I have the following string element:

  <String Id="UIWinClientFeatureTitle" Overridable="yes">[APPNAME]
Client</String>

When I run the installer, the text shows up as "[APPNAME] Client".

Loc strings are substituted literally at bind time so that will work if
you use the string in a field that supports formatted text. Only
formatted text is evaluated at runtime to replace [property] with the
runtime value. Where are you using the loc string?

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/

<<image001.png>>