Why does it have to be a lot of work?    The need to have resources available
during installation time is a very, very, very common story.   Using other
setup authoring programs you simply right click | insert files into the Support
Files  treeview and at runtime you can access them using [SUPPORTDIR] or
deserialize[CustomActionData] as approriate.     If you have a .NET class you
want to call, you simply call CoCreateObjectDotNet() to instantiate it and then
fire off into your method.

"Kiran Subhedar (Sogeti)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
                Thanks again Blair! That’s a very nice idea. Can you point me
to some code or site which can get me started?

  Also I had another way (as explained in this link:
http://blog.deploymentengineering.com/2006/12/managed-code-can-access-msihandle_10.html
 ), using which a C++ CA will pass the MSI handle to the managed CA. In this
way the managed CA could access Binary table and execute the files. But this
means a lot of work as I need to host the CLR, then create the app domain, then
load and execute the assemblies. This indeed means a lot of work.

  I liked you approach so I will give it a try.

  Thanks again!

  Kiran