Hi All,

I have a little question regarding difxapp. I am using the following code
snipset for installing a driver:

{{{
                <Component Id="c_one"
Guid="AAAAAAAA-AAAA-AAAA-AAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAA" DiskId="1">
                    <difx:Driver ForceInstall="yes" Sequence="0" Legacy="yes"
DeleteFiles="yes" AddRemovePrograms="yes"/>
                    <File Id="one.inf" Name="one.inf"  Source="one.inf"/>
                    <File Id="one.cat" Name="one.cat" Source="one.cat"/>
                    <File Id="one.sys" Name="one.sys" Source="one.sys"/>
                </Component>
}}}

The c_one component is then installed as part of a feature. However, if
something wrong happens as part of the .inf installation, the error is not
returned back to Windows Installer. If I intentionally introduce mistakes in
the .inf file, installing the driver directly with the said .inf file will
raise an error, but when it is executed as part of my MSI, the installation
returns successfully.

No need to say that there is no rollback.

Is this a normal behavior? Should I change something to my wix script for it to
understand that the driver installation failed?

Best regards,

JV