Unfortunately, I don't think the current Certificate code is going to support
that.  The code could be updated to handle the scenario though.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert O'Brien
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 18:51
To: 'wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] How to associate certificate with IIS website without
adding certificate to store?

Did this work and if so does there exist a sample of what it means to create a
permanent component Certificate entry that refers to an ssl certificate already
known to be present on hosts you are deploying to?  In other words I just want
my iis site settings to bind to port 443 and use an known in advance ssl
certificate already present on the target systems.

From: Rob Mensching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - 2007-12-21 11:15
Try putting the Certificate element in a permanent Component.