I guess the list doesn't like attachments.  Any recommendations of where
to put them?

----- Forwarded by Kelly Leahy/SEAT/MILLIMAN on 05/15/2008 09:23 AM -----

Kelly Leahy
 (Seattle)
05/15/2008 09:14 AM

Rob Mensching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
"wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net" <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject
RE: [WiX-users] really slow using pyro

Sorry, I was braindead last night and it didn't even occur to me that
knowing the version and what I'm doing might be useful information :(

0. tried that - didn't seem to tell me much of anything.
1. 3.0.3419 - I'll try a newer build today.
2. pyro Update1\Build\USA\Patch.wixmsp -out Update1\Build\USA\Patch.msp -t
mgalfa Update1\Build\USA\DiffRTM.wixmst
   (entire makefile is attached)
3. all files are local

other info:
running Vista x64 Business on a quad-core machine with 4gb RAM and
mirrored HDDs using hardware RAID.
not much else going on while building (I've been giving it the full
machine).

Patch.wxs file, Product.wxs file, .wxi's, and makefile attached.  The
wixproj contains the RTM folder's contents.  The Update1 folder mentioned
in the makefile is nearly identical, with only differences being in
content and the definitions in the defines.wxi (also attached here).
<<attachments deleted>>

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated - and if there's anything
I can do to help repro / debug, I'd be happy to do so, assuming it's
within my capabilities or relatively close to them.
Kelly

Rob Mensching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

05/14/2008 11:52 PM

Kelly Leahy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net"
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
cc

Subject
RE: [WiX-users] really slow using pyro

0.  I assume you’ve tried passing the “-v” switch for verbose?  (I’m not
sure there is much wired up to it).

1.  What version of WiX v3 are you using?

2.  What is the command line you’re passing pyro?

3.  Are all of your MSIs and files local (not on a network share)?