Another reason why I have to use a different tool.    Everyone in the WiX world
has to roll their own equivilant to InstallShield's  ISSetupFile table (
actions ISSetupFilesExtract and ISSetupFilesCleanup ).     Again, this seems to
be driven by philosphy as Rob recently posted a whole explanation saying he's
corncerned about man in the middle style attacks if a file was extracted and
then consumed by an elevated setup.     His preferred solution seems to be that
the MSI team support companion files in the CA sandbox but it's very unlikely
that they will ever write that.

Neil Enns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                Is there such a thing as
temporary files during a wix install? We’re shipping some redist installers as
part of our installer, and they only need to be on the end user’s machine for
the duration of install. What’s the right way in WiX to indicate they’re
temporary and should be cleaned up after install is finished?

  Thanks!

  Neil