      From: Bob Arnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: May-16-08 8:42 AM
To: Neil Enns
Cc: Rob Mensching; wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Temporary files in WiX?

  Neil Enns wrote:
    Thanks for the details, Rob. It sounds like from you write below that the
security issue exists regardless of whether the files are temporary, correct?
Any time you have an installer that writes files to a disk, then executes them
via a deferred custom action, the vulnerability owuld be there?

No, because Program Files is a "secure" location. To write to it, you'd already
need to be admin.

    In our specific case, the files we're laying down on disk are the DirectX
9.0c redist files we need, then we execute them at the end of our setup.

In FlightSim, I leave the files installed so I can run repair. FWIW.

--

sig://boB

http://joyofsetup.com/