________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ryan
Perlman
Sent: den 28 maj 2008 05:08
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] service fail to install due to
networkServiceaccount

To All,

So when I attempted to do this in my service install element I am still
getting the Failed because of required permissions.  Would it be
possible to see a complete snippet of this being used?

My ServiceInstall Element is nested under a Component element with a
File element whose keypath is set to yes.  If I take out the Account
attribute all is fine and the service is installed as 'Local System', if
I leave the Account and Password attributes and use a created Service
Account all is good and the service is installed.

All of these configurations for 'Network Service' have failed though:
<ServiceInstall Id="MyServiceInstall" Name="MyService"
  Description="My Description"
  DisplayName="Transaction Service Host"
  Interactive="no"
  Account="[ComputerName]\Network Service"
  Vital="yes" ErrorControl="normal"
  Start="auto"
  Type="ownProcess" />
<ServiceControl Id="MyServiceControl" Name="MyService"
Remove="uninstall" Stop="both" Wait="yes" />

<ServiceInstall Id="MyServiceInstall" Name="MyService"
  Description="My Description"
  DisplayName="Transaction Service Host"
  Interactive="no"
  Account="[ComputerName]\NetworkService"
  Vital="yes" ErrorControl="normal"
  Start="auto"
  Type="ownProcess" />
<ServiceControl Id="MyServiceControl" Name="MyService"
Remove="uninstall" Stop="both" Wait="yes" />

<ServiceInstall Id="MyServiceInstall" Name="MyService"
  Description="My Description"
  DisplayName="Transaction Service Host"
  Interactive="no"
  Account="NetworkService"
  Vital="yes" ErrorControl="normal"
  Start="auto"
  Type="ownProcess" />
<ServiceControl Id="MyServiceControl" Name="MyService"
Remove="uninstall" Stop="both" Wait="yes" />

Thanks,

Ryan
> Solved. The network service account needs to be specified with its
domain.