From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christopher
Painter
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:28 PM
To: Rob Mensching; dB.; Daniel Hughes; wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] WIX 3.0 release date

I've often thought about creating and marketing my own bootstrapper product.  I
know the stories and requirements inside out as I've done serviced product
lines with vastly more complex prereq requirements then vs and office.   The
problem is I could only write in in C# as my C++ skills suck.

WiX is a lot close to mass adoption then even Rob knows.  A solid bootstrapper
and a full featured designer exposing the majority of WiX capabilities along
with a sprinkling of custom actions would work miracles in terms of adoption.

Rob Mensching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Fair.

Of course, I don't think we should be looking to take over the world with the
WiX toolset (we probably need more people answering questions and improving the
overall documentation before getting thousands and thousands more users ) but
I'm always open to suggestions about what we should do. What do other people
think about purely fixing the bugs in the WiX toolset and adding no more
functionality?

That means there will be no bootstrapper in WiX v3 and no improvement to the
IIS CustomActions to better handle IIS7. Basically, imagine the WiX v3 toolset
functionality of today plus fixing ~150 bugs.

Thoughts?