We are adding customizable XMLs to our web deployments. One of these
deployments involve nested V-Dirs under the base IIS site. If we modify the
web.config in the main V-Dir it will uninstall fine, but if we modify the
config in the nexted V-Dir, then it fails to uninstall.

After reviewing the uninstall logs, I notice that without the nested V-Dir
config being modified, the custom action for XMLFile to uninstall is not called
and the uninstall happens fine. But when I add the config file modification for
the nested V-Dir, then it fails to uninstall, citing that the custom action
fails.

Both Config files are modified with each installation.

We're testing on a Windows 2008 server running IIS and the drop version we're
using is WiX 3.0.4102.

Website

|-Vdir 1 (working config)

                |-Vdir 2 (problem config)