Uhh, this is really more of a question for the Word team.  You should follow
their documentation.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Friedrich
Dominicus
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 05:25
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Reliable way to figure out the startup folder

Dear wix-users,
maybe someone else has tried to figure out where the startup folder
from Microsoft Winword is. I found a few registry entries which may
qualify, but am not sure if that's the way to got.

The point is that templates which word should automatically load at
startup should be placed, there.

One entry I found is PROGRAMDIR below
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\xx\word\options
there is another entry which may or may not be present according to
the docs so I can not reall rely on it

Or do I have to write some Custom action to figure out that path?

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus