Rob Mensching-2 wrote:

> When is your custom action getting run?  If it isn't deferred, then it may
> be running before the other actions have executed or it may not have
> permission to do what it needs to do (because immediate isn't elevated).
I've set RemoveExistingProducts to run after InstallFinalize, and the custom
action is set to immediate and is set to run after RemoveExistingProducts. I
can't set the custom action to run deferred, as I get an error indicating
that it must be run between InstallInitialize and InstallFinalize. I can't
set RemoveExistingProducts to run BeforeInstallFinalize as I get an Error
2613 action out of sequence error. So, I'm kind of in a quandry here...

BTW, I am running 3.0.3617.