-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Arunkumar
Viswanathan
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 7:29 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Environment Variable Installation

Hi guys,

I want to append data to the PATH environment variable when LotusNotes
is
installed in a machine. This is the logic I came up with and I just want
confirm this is the right way of doing things.

I create a property based on a registry search and then install the
environment variable via a component with a condition. If there is a
better
way of doing this do let me know. Thanks in advance.

<Property Id='LOTUS_NOTES_INSTALLED'>

   <RegistrySearch Id='TestAppRegSearch' Root='HKLM'
Key='SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes' Name='Path' Type='raw' />

</Property>

<Component Id="EnvVar1" Guid="{1781A625-8ACB-45E7-A8BA-219D81760B2E}">

    <Environment Id="LotusNotesPath"

                 Action="set"

                 Part="last"

                 Name="PATH"

                 Permanent="no"

                 System="no"

                 Value="[LOTUS_NOTES_INSTALLED]" />

     <Condition><![CDATA[NOT Installed AND LOTUS_NOTES_INSTALLED <>
""]]></Condition>

</Component>

- Arun