Microsoft ClickOnce.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris
Bardon
Sent: 17 June 2008 13:53
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Auto Update Question

I've built my own auto update mechanism to recognize when new versions
are available based on a web service, but I'm curious to know what
solutions others have come up with.  Basically, my app just phones home
to a predefined location on startup, and if there's a new version,
downloads and runs the MSI.  This works, but it seems like a bit of a
hack.  Is there a better way to get seamless automatic updates to an
application?