Thanks for the quick reply.  This does exactly what I wanted.  After testing it
out, I have another question. After the upgrade, the old settings file is still
there. How do I remove the folder and the settings file for the last version?
Also, is it possible to remove the settings folder in the user's $APPDATA%
folder on an uninstall, but not when doing an upgrade?

Thanks,
Ryan

> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:39:54 +1000> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Preservation of
> .net settings?> > The Settings class has an Upgrade method that grabs the
> previous> settings. Make sure you add your own setting SettingsUpdateRequired
> that> is defaultly set to true, otherwise this will overwrite your settings>
> each time you start your program.> > static class Program> {> /// <summary>>
> /// The main entry point for the application.> /// </summary>> [STAThread]>
> static void Main()> {> Application.EnableVisualStyles();>
> Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false);> > // Get the settings
> from a previous version if we can> if
> (Properties.Settings.Default.SettingsUpdateRequired)> {>
> Properties.Settings.Default.Upgrade();>
> Properties.Settings.Default.SettingsUpdateRequired => false;> }> >
> Application.Run(new MainForm());> }> }> > Regards,> > Ross.> > -----Original
> Message-----> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ourceforge.net> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ryan Dunn> Sent:
Wednesday, 18 June 2008 11:35 AM> To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Subject:
[WiX-users] Preservation of .net settings?> > > I have a WiX project used to
install a .net app. The app makes use of> the Properties of .net to store
settings. These settings go in> %APPDATA%\Path\to\dir\version\user.config>
After I rev the version (either through a small patch, minor upgrade,> major
upgrade), how do I pull in these settings to be used by the new> app? I'm not
sure if this should be handled by the installer or my> program. Within the .net
app, I only access these settings through the> "Properties.*" namespace, not by
the path, so I'm unsure how to handle> this issue.> > Thanks,> Ryan> >
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_062008