Adrian Lewis wrote:
Not knowingly... Okay my extension has packaged the wixlib as an embedded
resource (and the wixlib has the custom action binding - not forgetting the -bf
switch to get it included in the build) is there somewhere else in the
extension where I'm supposed to inform WiX that I need it?

Yes. You need to add a reference to something that causes the fragment containing the custom action to be linked in. For example, the firewall compiler extension has the following:

this.Core.CreateWixSimpleReferenceRow(sourceLineNumbers, "CustomAction", "WixSchedFirewallExceptionsInstall"); this.Core.CreateWixSimpleReferenceRow(sourceLineNumbers, "CustomAction", "WixSchedFirewallExceptionsUninstall");

The linker sees a reference to the custom action and uses the .wixlib as a source for it.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/