The difxapp stuff works fine for me in 3.0 installing a filter driver

The only thing to check is to see if your package meets the requirements

Also you need to set "Legacy" option if your driver is unsigned for
testing or test sign it which you have to do for server 2008 as it's
a lot more fussy about signed drivers.

Garth