From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christopher
Karper
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:00 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Question about $(Platform) in Votive Output name

In a project I created in VS2005 I used "Installer $(Platform)" as my output
name...  It worked fine by created "Installer x64.msi"

Now, I've converted to VS2008, and it still works fine.

However, I created a new project, and set up a merge module WiX project,
with "Module $(Platform)" as the output name, and it creates "Module
$(Platform).msm" as the output.

In the .wixproj XML, I noticed it had escaped the $() characters, so I
replaced those manually and reopened it, but to no avail.  It's still
creating the name without replacement.

Is this a change in platform functionality?  Was I relying on a bug that was
fixed? Is this a bug that was introduced?  Am I a great big fat idiot?   Any
and all advice would be appreciated.  :-)

Thanks!
Chris