From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Will Burton
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:20
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Shortcut Question

The GUID is NOT a *.

<Component Id="Diff" Guid="*">
   <File Id="DiffFile" Name="Diff.exe" ShortName="DIFF.EXE"
Source="$(var.Diff.TargetPath)">
      <Shortcut Id="DiffShortcut" Directory="DevPMF" Name="Diff"
Advertise="yes" WorkingDirectory="INSTALLDIR">
         <Icon Id="Diff.exe" SourceFile="$(var.Diff.TargetPath)" />
      </Shortcut>
   </File>
   <File Id="EditorFile" Name="$(var.Editor.TargetFileName)"
Source="$(var.Editor.TargetPath)">
      <Shortcut Id="EditorShortcut" Advertise="yes" Directory="DevPMF"
Name="Editor" WorkingDirectory="INSTALLDIR" Description="Editor"
Icon="Editor.exe">
         <Icon Id="Editor.exe" SourceFile="$(var.Editor.TargetPath)" />
      </Shortcut>
   </File>
</Component>

The Editor shortcut links to the Diff.