-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Neil Enns
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:15
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] VS setup project -> WiX 3.0 conversion

For #1 I keep forgetting that's one of the topics on my list to add to
the docs. In the mean time you can read Alex's blog entry which is how I
got it working:
http://blogs.technet.com/alexshev/archive/2008/02/15/from-msi-to-wix-par
t-8-major-upgrade.aspx.

For #2, we have this set up as a WiX preprocessor variable. Somewhere in
your file put <?define myVersion="1.0.0.0"?>. Then wherever you want to
refer to it use $(var.MyVersion).

Neil