From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alex Goryuk [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 10:57 AM
To: discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Realizing a property during a major upgrade

Hi,

Is it possible to pass PUBLIC properties to products (.MSI) being removed
during RemoveExistingProducts (during major upgrade)?

My installer 1.0.0
 * installs the 1.0.0 product
 * launches a custom action based on a property IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE

My installer 2.0.0
 * removes a previous product (1.0.0) <- but doesn¹t realize the property
IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE
 * installs the new product,
but during ³RemoveExistingProducts² the IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE is not being
realized by the v1.0.0 MSI, thus my custom action is not being executed.

To prove this I launched the 1.0.0 installer with IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE as a
parameter and the custom action executed correctly.

So far I¹ve tried:
1) Set a custom action after LaunchConditions that sets
IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE=true
2) Pass IS_MAJOR_PROPERTY to installer 2.0.0 hoping that it¹d be realized
during the ³RemoveExistingProducts² that removed 1.0.0
3) Setting the UpgradeVersion element¹s property to ³IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE²
 * in this case IS_MAJOR_PROPERTY is a ³SecureCustomProperty²
4) Set the public property in the Property table.

Thanks,
Alex G.