String manipulation is not supported in WIX, you will have to write a
C++/.net/vbs custom action to get substring.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Frédéric
Viollet
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 3:41 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Parsing properties

Hi everyone,

Let's say that I have a registry key HKLM\Software\MyProduct with a String
value "TheDir" = "c:\program files\My product\module"

I can easily get the value by using a RegistrySearch:

<Property Id="MYPROP">
 <RegistrySearch Id="MYPROP" Type="directory" Root="HKLM"
Key="Software\MyProduct" Name="TheDir" /> </Property>

Here's the question: :)
Is there a way to extract a substring from the retrieved value i.e. The
value in the registry is "c:\program files\My product\module", and I would
like to set MYPROP to "c:\program files\My product" (get rid of the trailing
"module")

Thanks for your help.

Fred

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or
use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems