From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Adam Connelly
Sent: Fri 18/07/2008 11:30
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Automatically setting version number

Hi,

I've got a CI setup that automatically generates a x.x.x.x style version
number.  I've got all my assemblies versioned properly (with a generated shared
SolutionInfo.cs file), and I set the msi output name as MyMSI-x.x.x.x.msi and
now I want to set the Version attribute of the Product tag.  Two questions:

1)      Is it ok to put a four digit version number in here?

2)      How would you recommend I set the version, bearing in mind I get my
version number from a $(build_number) environment variable?

I was thinking of modifying the project file and shoving a msbuild task that
edits the Product.wxs in, but if possible I'd like to avoid modifying project
files since it would probably be quite easy to forget to do when setting up new
projects.

Thanks,
Adam