Hi,

I am currently trying to adjust the GUI of my msi Installation. I want
to modify an existing dialog. I am following the howto from

http://www.dizzymonkeydesign.com/blog/misc/adding-and-customizing-dlgs-in-wix-3/

Without changing anything and using -ext WixUIExtension everything works
fine. To modify an existing dialog I started now with copying
WixUI_InstallDir.wxs, renamed it to My_InstallDir.wxs, adjusted the Id
inside this file to My_InstallDir and referenced this new id in my
installer.wxs file.  Without changing anything else this leads to
compilation errors:

..\installer\My_InstallDir.wxs(44): error LGHT0094 : Unresolved reference to
symbol 'CustomAction:WixUIValidatePath' in section 'Fragment:'.
..\installer\My_InstallDir.wxs(45): error LGHT0094 : Unresolved reference to
symbol 'Dialog:InvalidDirDlg' in section 'Fragment:'.
..\installer\My_InstallDir.wxs(56): error LGHT0094 : Unresolved reference to
symbol 'CustomAction:WixUIValidatePath' in section 'Fragment:'.
..\installer\My_InstallDir.wxs(57): error LGHT0094 : Unresolved reference to
symbol 'Dialog:InvalidDirDlg' in section 'Fragment:'.

I find this somehow strange as i expected this to work without problems
like the original, because actually I didn't change anything.

For me it looks like the WixUIExtension stuff in the binaries and the
wxs files from the source distribution for version 3.0.4311.0 differ.
Can anyone confirm this problem or show me how to fix this?

Thanks and cheers,

Steph.