Neil Enns wrote:

> While Rob wasn't part of the change, I was :)
>
> I'm looking for feedback on how to best approach tweaking this. One option
> that's been suggested is to not rename the MSI file, and to instead put
> them into subdirectories. So on a build you'd have
> $(TargetDir)\CultureName\$(TargetName)$(TargetExt).
>
> Would that work better for people? For those of you that commented on the
> original issue at the tracker below, do your projects have multiple
> languages in them? Or do you just have a single language in the project?
>
> Neil

Hi Neil,

I think there is no single way to do fit in all circumstances.
Adding the culture makes sense, if you really use it to provide msi files
for multiple cultures. Also the directory would help.
But in case of a single culture there should be a way to handle this without
culture in filename.
I took a short look and I couldn't find a masbuild way to determine if a
itemgroup contains only one
item. So maybe the culture dialog/light should be extendend to use another
property like "single culture" or "create *.culture.msi" to handle this
issue.

Regards Dominik