This has nothing to do with WiX since I have just found out that not a
single product that offers Change option  in my ARP list would work.

A brief flash of some message box is all I see.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Juricic
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:50 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] One more Vista ARP issue?

I have MSI file on my desktop that I just used to perform the install.
When I click on MSI Change welcome dialog, authored by me, is shown -
all is fine.

When I click on ARP entry and select Change menu item some Installer
message box appears and goes away so fast that I cannot read it, but I
don't get my Change welcome dialog. Apparently installer launched via
ARP aborts for some reason.

This is on Vista Business and I am running as administrator.

So what is the difference between starting MSI via ARP and by clicking
on it that could cause such different behaviors? How would one debug
this situation, if it is at all possible?

This used to work once, that is, I was able to see authored Change
dialog when clicking on ARP Change menu item. I haven't touched
ARP-related WiX elements in my project in the meantime, but I have
started signing my MSI. However, even MSIs that I don't sign now have a
problem showing Change dialog from ARP.

Thanks for any input.