I'm trying to modify my WiX installer to have the following semantics:

1)      If the user is not installing from an elevated prompt, then
automatically launch my installed app at the end of install

2)      If the user is running from an elevated prompt, then show the
ExitDialog and skip the app launch.

My plan for doing this was to add a condition on the ExitDialog Show of the form

      <InstallUISequence>
        <Show Dialog="ExitDialog" OnExit="success">Installed OR
MsiRunningElevated</Show>
      </InstallUISequence>

and add a custom action to my installer which NOTs that clause of the form

  <InstallExecuteSequence>
    <Custom Action="LaunchMyApp" After="InstallFinalize">NOT (Installed OR
MsiRunningElevated)</Custom>
  </InstallExecuteSequence>

The clause on the ExitDialog seems to work perfectly.  However, the
CustomAction never fires.  The reason as far as I can tell is that during the
InstallExecute sequence, MsiRunningElevated is always == 1.  This makes some
sense because my installer always prompts for admin permissions during install.
 I tried creating a custom property to grab the MsiRunningElevated value before
InstallExecute begins, but I can't seem to figure out a timing that gives me
the correct value before InstallExecute.

Does anyone have suggestions for how to make this work?  Thanks in advance!

-Dan