I have the following dilemma: I have a C++ custom action that finds out
an Active Directory domain controller. It's used in two scenarios: one
where we want a blank value when the machine is not on a domain and
another where we want the CA to fail. Naturally I used Return=ignore for
the one where I want a blank value.
<CustomAction Id="FindActiveDirectory" BinaryKey="ActiveDirectory"
DllEntry="DirectoryGetDcName" Execute="immediate" Return="ignore" />
But my custom action fails and reports an error with MsiProcessMessage.
Which turns into an ugly popup. I do want the popup in the scenario
where it's Return="check" though. How can I achieve that?
Ideally I'd like to find out whether the CA is executing with
Return=ignore or Return=check and act accordingly. Possible?
Thx
dB.
-dB.
dblock.org <http://www.dblock.org/> / foodcandy.com
<http://www.foodcandy.com/>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
WiX-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wix-users