via cmd line w/ a CA...
<CustomAction Id="SetUNINSTALLxxxxxxSERVICE" Property="QtExecCmdLine"
Value='"C:\xxxx\xxxx.exe" -u' />
<CustomAction Id="UNINSTALLxxxxxxSERVICE" BinaryKey="wixca"
DllEntry="CAQuietExec" Execute="immediate" Return="check" />
Rob Mensching-2 wrote:
>
> How are you uninstalling this service?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of cemiles
> Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 09:28
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [WiX-users] Want to suppress 'service uninstall dialog'
>
>
> I have an install that needs to be totally silent, but I'm running into a
> minor problem. I have a custom action that uninstalls an existing
> service,
> but when I do that a dialog spawns stating "ServiceName successfully
> uninstalled". This appears to be a Windows dlg, so is there any way I can
> suppress is by writing a CA in WiX?
>
> Thanks.
>
> I'm already running silently w/ the /qn flag as well.
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/Want-to-suppress-%27service-uninstall-dialog%27-tp18654055p18654055.html
> Sent from the wix-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's
> challenge
> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
> prizes
> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
> world
> http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
> _______________________________________________
> WiX-users mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wix-users
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's
> challenge
> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
> prizes
> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
> world
> http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
> _______________________________________________
> WiX-users mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wix-users
>
>
--
View this message in context:
http://www.nabble.com/Want-to-suppress-%27service-uninstall-dialog%27-tp18654055p18655342.html
Sent from the wix-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
WiX-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wix-users