John Lister wrote:
>  I can use CloseApplication to set a property and use this to alter the UI
> sequence asking the user if they want IE to be restarted. But i'm unsure how
>  to actually use it to close IE. I'm guessing it is through the use of a
> custom action, but i'm not sure where to go from here.

If you specify CloseMessage="yes" the custom action should send a close
message for you.

> Additionally while checking this, i've realised that although i can set the
> property, it is set before the UI part runs and therefore i can't reference
> it in my dialogs - how can i bump this up the install sequence?

The custom action is scheduled by default in InstallExecuteSequence. You
need to add it to InstallUISequence:

<InstallUISequence>
<Custom Action="WixCloseApplications" Before="AppSearch" />
</InstallUISequence>

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/