Hey Joe,

I looked at this a bit and I don't see a way off the top of my head to do it
without some custom coding. If you are building the WIX project you could
look at the dutil directory. I would add an additional method for yourself
that would call a formatter
IMXWriter<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms759110(VS.85).aspx>
on
the file after it has been saved. There might be a better way but this is
the first thing that came to mind.

So, around line 1014 you could add a call back out to the location of the
file "varsDestPath".
http://wix.cvs.sourceforge.net/wix/wix/src/dutil/xmlutil.cpp?view=markup

Do something in that method as suggested here:
http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/2f5c81c3-f516-41a3-b3a0-a4cb0973fbf4/

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

--