Have you set the codepage appropriately on your <Product> element? See the
"Code Page" topic in the WiX documentation for more details.

Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nemzági Ferenc
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 3:19 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Unicode characters in MSI setup package?

   Hi,

   Iâ019m using WIX 2 to create a MSI setup package for German users, so texts
contain special Unicode characters like 'ö' and 'ü'. The encoding of my "wxs"
file is "UTF-8 with signature", but unfortunately candle.exe (2.0.5325.0)
creates question marks (?) instead of these characters in MSI texts.

   What shall I do? Can WIX 2 support Unicode? I cannot found any specific
command line switch of candle.exe. If WIX 2 cannot support such Unicode
characters, I cannot use it at all.

   Thanks a lot for your replies and suggestions.

   Best,

      Nemzagi

Sample disclaimer text