From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dana Gutride
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 06:58
To: Windows Installer XML toolset developer mailing list; General discussion
for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] SqlScript Connection Question

Quick question regarding the way the WiX sql custom actions.  When you
specify multiple sql scripts or strings with their associated sequences,
does the custom action open a new connection for each string/script executed
or does it reuse the connection until it has looped through all of the
scripts it's executing?

Our reason for asking is we set the database to single user mode when
upgrading, run a ton of scripts and then set it back to multi user mode
again.  Something is coming in two-thirds of the way through a big upgrade
and stealing the connection and we are wondering if WiX is doing something
with the connections asynchronously.

Dana