From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of j-mauger
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:52 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Default website gets removed on Uninstall

Thanks for the reply.

OK, I changed the GUIDs, and now the Default Web Site doesn't get removed on
uninstall when the port is 80.  So far so good.  When the port is not 80,
the Default Web Site gets removed on uninstall.  This must be because the
port property has a default value of 80 in my script.  If I pass in the port
at uninstall, the newly created web site gets deleted.  I guess I need to
store the port number in the registry, and do a registry search to set the
port number on uninstall.

Another thing I noticed was that if the port was not 80, and a website
already existed at that port, the virtual directory would get created fine,
but then the entire website would get deleted on uninstall.  Is there a way
to prevent this, or at least check whether a website exists?