1. Make Directory non-empty.  Copy some file into it.  MSI deletes only empty
folders on uninstall.

2, 3, and 4.  Put items in Component which is marked as Permanent.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of postingbox
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:33 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Keep Directories, Files, FileShares or RegistryValues on
uninstall

Hello!
I have four questions to the uninstallation of an msi...
1) How can I keep a Directory in wix when I uninstall the msi
2) How can I keep a File in wix when I uninstall the msi
3) How can I keep a FileShare in wix when I uninstall the msi
4) How can I keep a RegistryValue in wix when I uninstall the msi
Thank you,
Chris