WiX edit is a "3rd party" GUI & not part of the WiX toolset. It's not
been updated since March 2007 & I wouldn't recommend using it to author
entire packages.
You would be better served learning how to author your own XML using
something like Visual Studio as the WiX plug-in for it (Votive) is very
good (I use VS2005 with the latest WiX 3.0 build exclusively for
creating our installation packages). If you can't get access to Visual
Studio you can start learning using just notepad but other people on the
list may be able to recommend other IDEs for WiX development.

The WiX 3.0 help also has plenty of examples which may be of use.

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment and
IT Administrator

T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501
http://www.iesve.com

**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**

Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP

Email Disclaimer