Is there a way of doing the following in wix?
- ensuring MSMQ is installed
- check if queue exists
- if not create it

I know there is WixMsmqExtension.dll, but its documentation is practically
nonexistent, and it doesnt have anything that even remotely looks like
something I need.

I currently have para-solution for issue #1, like this:

     <Property Id="MSMQ">
         <RegistrySearch Id="MSMQVersion" Root="HKLM"
Key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters" Type="raw" Name="CurrentBuild" />
    </Property>

    <Condition Message="MSMQ is not installed. Please install MSMQ and then try
again.">
      MSMQ
    </Condition>

Ugly (and potentially fragile) but it works.
Any ideas?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you
are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain,
copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this
message in error, please delete all copies of this message and notify the
sender immediately by return mail or fax ATSI S.A.(+4812) 285 36 04.
Any email attachment may contain software viruses which could damage your own
computer system. Whilst reasonable precaution has been taken to minimise this
risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result
of software viruses. You should therefore carry out your own virus checks
before opening any attachments.