If you are going to use a hybrid approach, then merge modules will get you
what you want.  If you can implement Wi across the board, then you should
use .wixlibs.   They're much better for your mental health, and more capable
to boot.
Give us more information, and there are plenty of people here who can give
you advice.

Chris