Yeah, after some more testing it seems that adding the Name attributes for
the files that represent the satellite assemblies crashes the installer.
I.e. I do the following:
          <Directory Id="DummyGACFolder">
            <Component Id="DutchAsmResources_GAC"
Guid="82AFC0C3-2515-48b2-B297-
2881CBF78F94">
              <File *Name="Asm.nl.dll"* Id="Asm.nl.dll_GAC"
Source="$(var.AppFolder)\Assemblies\nl\Assembly1.Resources.dll"
                  Assembly=".net" KeyPath="yes"
ProcessorArchitecture="msil"/>
            </Component>
         </Directory>

          <Directory Id="DummyGACFolder2">
            <Component Id="GermanAsmResources_GAC"
Guid="82AFC0C3-2515-48b2-B297-2881CBF78F94">
              <File Name=*"Asm.de.dll"* Id="Asm.de.dll_GAC"
Source="$(var.AppFolder)\Assemblies\de\Assembly1.Resources.dll"
                  Assembly=".net" KeyPath="yes"
ProcessorArchitecture="msil"/>
            </Component>
         </Directory>
    <Feature Id="ProductFeature" Title="MyWixInstaller" Level="1">
            <ComponentRef Id="DutchAsmResources_GAC" />
            <ComponentRef Id="GermanAsmResources_GAC" />
</Feature>

.msi is created just fine, but while installation  the following error
appears:
"An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Assembly1.resources,
version=..., culture=nl, publickeytoken=..., processorArchitecture=msil'
Please refer to Help and Support for more information HRESULT: 0x80131047"

Without adding Name attributes all the things work fine.
How I can solve this problem as well as the original problem?- Hide quoted
text -