I've never seen the WiX toolset make up a domain name before.  Is it possible
you have another user somewhere using that domain?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of derekj
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 01:11
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] aspnet_regiis domain user

Hi,

tried this:

   <util:Group Id='iis_wpg'  Name='IIS_WPG' />

    <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">

      <Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder" Name="PFiles">

        <Directory Id="INSTALLDIR" Name="Test" LongName="Computing Ltd">

          <Directory Id="INSTALLSUB" Name="Test" LongName="Test">
                <Component Id="AddUserToIISWPG"
Guid="8d9c6b2b-6da6-4ff1-b18b-8457328c6a65" KeyPath="yes">
                    <util:User Id ='TestTimeAppPoolUser' Name='testtest'
Password='2Bdeleted' CreateUser='no' Domain='ISD' FailIfExists="no"
UpdateIfExists="yes" >
                    <util:GroupRef Id='iis_wpg'/>
                    </util:User>
                  </Component>
            <Directory Id="LOGFolder" Name="Log"  >
              <Component Id="CreateLogFolder"
Guid="a5168911-1234-1234-1234-897234516189" >
                <CreateFolder Directory="LOGFolder" >
                </CreateFolder>
              </Component>
            </Directory>
          </Directory>

          <Component Id="WebSiteComponent"
Guid="6b27e78e-bcbc-462a-bd7a-50cf991c7d39" KeyPath="yes">
            <iis:WebSite Id='TestTimeWebSite' Description=' Web Application'
Directory="INSTALLSUB" DirProperties="WebSiteProperties"
StartOnInstall="yes">
              <iis:WebAddress  Id='AllUnassigned' Port='81' />
              <iis:WebApplication Id="InternetAppPoolConfig" Name="TestTime"
WebAppPool="AP_TestTime">
              </iis:WebApplication>
            </iis:WebSite>
          </Component>

          <!--Create App Pool-->
          <Component Id="InternetAppPool"
Guid="79351901-d5de-4491-ac35-2f43ceb52439" KeyPath="yes">
            <CreateFolder />
            <iis:WebAppPool Id='AP_TestTime' Name='AP_TestTime'
Identity='other' User='TestTimeAppPoolUser' >
            </iis:WebAppPool>
          </Component>

      </Directory>

..and got this in installer output

ConfigureUsers:  Error 0x8007052e: Failed to check existence of domain:
GAUSS, user: testtest
ConfigureUsers:  Error 0x8007052e: failed to add/remove User actions

I am working on a VM 2003 server which has been added to the domain which is
not GAUSS (what is this?)

any help would be appreciated

regards

Derek