MSXML does all of the editing.  Are you correctly setting the encoding in the
<?xml?> processing instruction?  It looks like MSXML will get things wrong if
you don't set that 'attribute'.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Martin Lavelle
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 02:01
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Dropping the BOM

Hello,

The "Byte Order Mark" is removed from xml text files when WiX XmlConfig
editing is applied. I've just found this out the hard way, as it breaks some
DotNet programs (I imagine it depends on the methods used to address the
data).

I've created bug 2101670 for this.

Any chance of a quick fix? It's not a very obvious bug/feature, and users
won't see this one coming.

Incidentally, how are WiX extensions handling UNICODE file edits?

Regards

Martin Lavelle