-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Silin
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:39 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Permission element seems to be ignored.

Hi,

I'm trying to use the built in wix support (Permission element inside
CreateFolder element) that would set the ACLs for the accounts
specified.

Something like below.  However, when installing the component, security
rights are not modified for the folder.

Any thoughts on what are some prerequisites of this working, things to
check?

-       Installer runs as admin.
-       Target OS is Win 2003
-       ACLs are set to be inherited.

Thanks!
-greg

    <Directory Id="MYROOTDIR" Name="SourceDir">
      <Directory Id="MYAPPDIR" Name="abc" LongName="abcd">
        <Component Id="mydirpermissions"
                   Guid="8D38265E-242A-4761-B218-03811596B62C"
                   DiskId="1">
          <CreateFolder>
            <Permission User='Administrators' GenericAll='yes' />
            <Permission User='MYDOMAIN\MYUSER' GenericRead='yes'
GenericExecute='yes' />
          </CreateFolder>
        </Component>
        <!-- Files for the Application. -->
        <Component Id="Files"
                   Guid="5C9D5F89-240C-412a-A536-2B3BD75DAF12"
                   DiskId="1">
        </Component>
      </Directory>
    </Directory>

challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world