If you create a 32 bit installer, it will run in the 32 bit space, which can
not access outside the Wow6432Node...

If you need to write outside of that area, you'll need to create a seperate
installer for a 64-bit version, and mark the component that contains your
registry edits as a 64-bit component.

This would be the only way to get the kind of behavior you are looking
for.   If your software is 32 bit though, it will be looking in the
Wow6332Node for it's registry entries, so be cautious when placing your
entries.

Chris