I've had some users complain about a problem with an installer that
attempts to add a certificate to the trusted root cert store.  I added a
component to my setup that looks like this:

<Component Id="RootCA" Guid="A1106EC4-9546-4a4f-AE6D-4F94DE066C0E"
Permanent="yes">

<Condition>CERTPATH</Condition>

      <CreateFolder/>

      <iis:Certificate Name="CTTCA" Id='CTTCA' Request='no'
CertificatePath='[CERTPATH]' StoreLocation='localMachine'
StoreName='root'/>

</Component>

Most of the time, this works fine, and the root CA cert is put in the
local machine store (so the app can form TLS connections based on the
certs our CA issues).  In some cases though, the installer will fail
with error 26352, and I've found that removing the certificate install
option lets the installer run successfully.  In all the cases where this
happens, I've noticed that the local machine and current user stores
contain multiple certificates with the same name.  I'm not sure how to
replicate this (since every time I try to add a certificate twice it
fails), but if nothing else, I'd like to be able to fail
non-catastrophically if the certificate install fails.  Is there a way
to make the certificacte component non-vital, so that if it fails to
install to the store, the rest of the application can still be
installed?

I'm going to try using the Overwrite attribute on the certificate
element to see if that helps.

Thanks!

Chris